Director of Design Services
The Design Center of the Americas (DCOTA)
Job Description: The Design Center of the Americas (DCOTA) is looking for a professional, self-motivated individual to serve as the Director of Design Services, DCOTA’s in-house design services department. The Director of Design Services is responsible for managing and facilitating the DCOTA Consulting/Buying Service, along with the Designer Referral Service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the consultant and purchasing agent for all Buying Service clients, including design consultations, shopping for product, quoting all orders, acting as purchasing agent on all orders, and correspondence and coordination with showroom staff.
- Interview and consult with potential referral clients, monitor and maintain referrals, and coordinate with interior designers.
- Work with trade showrooms for consumer sales.
- Work closely with Marketing in maintaining functioning and integrity of building services and market programs, as well as contribute event ideas, trade community relations, and networking opportunities
- Work with Concierge team on training for Design Services, as well as guest arrival experience and information capture.
- Work jointly with the building manager in matters of internal building construction, design, and renovation.
- Create displays & vignettes throughout the building; offer creative assistance for DCOTA restaurants; spearhead furniture orders for projects in the building
- Assist Leasing with creating floorplans for potential tenants
- Work closely with DCOTA Select Showroom on a daily basis
- Act as liaison and DCOTA representative within the design community
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design
- 5+ years of experience in the design center, wholesale trade or luxury brand categories
- Florida Interior Design License
- Extensive knowledge of textiles, furniture, lighting, carpet, etc.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent with time management and follow-up
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and policies
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with the following programs preferred:
- Microsoft Office (required)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom)
- Both Mac and PC operating system proficiency a plus
**ASID, IIDA or other trade association affiliations are preferred
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Showroom / Territory Manager
Holland & Sherry Interiors, Suite B-100
Job Description: We are currently seeking a new manager for our Dania showroom based in the city’s design district.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cultivate existing client relationships as well as identify, contact and build new relationships in the industry
- Drive sales to the showroom by presenting and selling our products to design professionals
- Motivate, coach and train sales associates for optimum sales performance
- Ensure that sales growth budgets are achieved
- Report regular sales activities as directed by management
- Regularly review reporting and sales processes
- Ensure accurate showroom inventory
- Maintain compliance with the companies operational and accounting policies and procedures
- Hire and manage all showroom staff including sales and support roles
- Be proficient in and train staff on the company’s order entry and operating system
- Maximize showroom appearance and product display
- Contract appropriate external resources to support showroom operations
- Minimum 5 years retail or showroom management and sales experience
- Strong ability to lead and motivate a team to produce results
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and be a professional team player
- Strong commitment to client service with a track-record of closing sales
- Exceptional communication, presentation, operational and organizational skills
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Holland & Sherry is an industry leader, and we’ve grown steadily every year we’ve been in business
- Our worldwide team is made up of smart, dedicated, interesting people who make terrific coworkers
- We offer the ability to own stock in the company with a share in the profits
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- Four weeks of Paid Time off
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Inside Sales Associate
Pierre Frey, Suite B-101
Job Description: Pierre Frey, a leader in luxury textiles, wallcoverings and carpets, is seeking an inside showroom junior sales associate to develop residential sales in the Florida territory. This is an opportunity to work for one of the most dynamic and respected companies in the luxury design industry. We are seeking a junior sales associate with industry knowledge and relationships to maximize the potential of our new Pierre Frey showroom in the DCOTA.
- Exceed sales goals
- Maintaining excellent client relationships and nurturing new relationships for long-term sales growth
- Creating a welcoming and helpful showroom environment, greeting and working with customers in person and on the phone to help them find product to fit their projects
- Networking at industry events and within the industry in general to promote the brand
- Keeping abreast of industry happenings and trends
- Maintaining consistent follow-up on client quotes and orders
- A strong drive and proven history in sales of textiles, wallcoverings, furniture or carpets
- An extensive network of contacts in the luxury design community
- Highly motivated team player with a positive and eager attitude
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Knowledge and passion for interior design, the arts and/or the luxury goods marketplace
- Professional demeanor
- Commensurate with experience
About Pierre Frey:
Pierre Frey, founded in Paris in 1935, designs, creates and manufactures fabrics, wallcoverings and carpets in the purest French tradition, with extensive distribution worldwide. The company’s rich collection of over 7,000 items includes Pierre Frey designs as well as collections from the company’s other prestigious brands: Braquenie, Fadini Borghi, Boussac and Le Manach. For more information about Pierre Frey visit www.pierrefrey.com.
To Apply: Please submit resume to Scott.Hans@pierrefrey.com.
Century Designer Showroom, Suite B-228
Job Description: This position is responsible for creating sales and cultivating a high-end sales experience for interior designers, decorators and architects. Active sales prospecting (including outside sales calls and industry networking) and client management is paramount; only the highest level of customer service is expected. Individual must be self motivated and able to respond to multiple, changing priorities as well as help manage projects and create sales presentations. The salesperson must be committed to brand integrity and possess good judgment, a positive attitude, flexibility and a sense of humor. This individual must act in part with the showroom team to ensure that all tasks and goals are achieved and surpassed.
- High School degree or equivalent, high education a plus.
- Strong and proven sales experience is required; a furniture and/or design background is preferred. Sell using sampling tools. Reference & accurately quote off price pages.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Organization, accuracy and memory skills necessary. Management of money.
- Basic office computer skills, above average typing skills, knowledge of a POS system a plus.
Position Reports to: Showroom Manager
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Contributing at minimum 50% of sales effort in surpassing sales goals.
- Greeting all visitors, answering phone/fax/email inquiries. Qualifying individuals and providing them with information required; quotes, tears and samples.
- Prospecting new business, including outside sales calls and industry networking.
- Assisting designers with product knowledge and company procedures in selection and design of custom items. Communicating new products and programs to designers. Updating clients’ catalogs and instructing them as to selling tools (web site) available. Closing sales and writing final order specifications/instructions.
- Increase showroom profile through networking efforts.
- Protecting and building the Century brand as representative of company.
- Ensuring clients specifications are accurately transferred to both Profits & SAP, via proofing orders and confirmations. Assist in follow up of order. Provide status updates. Assist collecting balance dues, confirming delivery of product. Profits knowledgeable.
- Responsible for managing and transacting money as related to orders. Assist manager protecting inventory, asset and office property.
- Interface with manager, administrator and CSR to facilitate order process.
- Field client complaints and issues, work with manager to resolution.
- Under direction of manager, actively track sales volume to achieve sales goals.
- Assisting in daily maintenance of floor, (furniture placement, display, tagging, housekeeping).
- Assisting in annual inventory, price increases, sample sales, and other showroom events/tasks.
- Maintain traffic reports.
- Maintenance of catalog, price pages, sampling and sample areas.
- Provide support for both the manager and administrator.
To Apply: Please submit resume to MNessen@centuryfurniture.com.
Customer Service / Expeditor
David Sutherland Showroom, Suite C-130
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist sales staff with all aspects of each order.
- Place order with manufacturer and verify all pricing
- Verify all details against client P.O.
- Verify all details against manufacturers order confirmation
- Monitor status reports for any information needed by manufacturer that would delay order
- Follow up with progress of order. Make sure all fabrics, finishes samples, COM ID forms, etc. are received for furniture and CFA’s are approved for fabric orders
- Confirm accurate shipping charges are applied to order
- Bill client at least two weeks prior to order completion date
- Follow up with client to make sure the order was successfully completed and delivered
- Enter customer information in CRM when needed by salesperson.
- Enter new clients in CRM & convert to an account.
- Maintain Status Reports – follow up bi-weekly to ensure that all details are finalized.
- Assist in calling designers to check status on pending quotes.
- Update & revise the outstanding quote report twice a month (note any changes and alert the client)
- Anticipate client needs and possible problems before they turn into issues
- Provide the highest level of service possible.
- Update sales person and showroom manager on all issues and resolutions.
- When needed provide quotes, pricing, tear sheets, etc. for clients.
- Send clients mailers on new products and special promotions.
- Cover sales floor when needed and for lunch breaks.
- Follow up with all phone calls and emails same day.
- Answer telephone.
- Showroom lights walk through – Change any that are out
- Showroom floor walk through checking tags and maintenance
- Process orders & checks
- Assist with designer inquiries for status of: pending, open and posted orders
- Copy sales person on all email communication with client
- Assist with telephone inquiries for fabric availability and pricing
- Check stock with manufacturers
- Upkeep of showroom maintenance
- Maintain backroom and supplies
- Maintain wings and flats in fabric bays
- Maintain showroom loan/approval log
- Receiving incoming supply documents and submitting to purchasing
- Assist clients with samples and pricing
- Support Inside and Outside Sales Team as needed
To Apply: Please submit resume to email@example.com.