Baker / McGuire is a 135 plus year furniture manufacturing company and representative of distinctive “To The Trade” luxury brands of furniture, lighting, rugs, textiles, leather and accessories.
About Sales Associate
A Sales Assistant at Baker / McGuire is a key role interacting with the Sales Representatives. You will at times work closely with the sales team members, Client Services and members of our corporate manufacturing division. You will be primarily involved in the greeting and reception of clients, and help to follow up on aspects of orders which create a smooth process of production.
• Warmly greet clients and showroom visitors, notify sales reps of their client arrivals.
• Offer and assist clients with any refreshments-coffee, tea, soda, water etc.
• Use CPQ / Oracle to manage assisting sales representatives (training provided).
• When requested by Sales Rep follow up on contacting clients to gather remaining information required to process an order.
• Forward updated resale certificate to tax department.
• Assist sales reps by sending tear sheets, ordering fabric and finish samples.
• Assist or follow up on outstanding COM, or COM order/placement forms required to complete order.
• Perform status of order requests when requested by sales reps, and notify sales reps of results.
• Assist in Sample Room organization and upkeep when required.
• Assist with general showroom requests--tagging, filing, office supplies etc.
• Other duties may be required over time, minor flexibility of duties when needed.
Open hours - Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (Scheduled hours offer flexibility). Closed most holidays.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• MS Office proficient – Excel, Word, Outlook.
• High School Diploma with two years business office experience, or three plus years showroom/design related experience, Associates Degree is preferred.
• Follow prescribed policies and instruction.
• Able to prioritize well.
• Office-semi casual attire.
• Light lifting – 20-30 lbs. Bend/kneel to perform tasks, tagging, sample assistance.
• *Currently* a mask is required.