About Sales Associate
The Sales Associate has the primary responsibility to maximize sales volume by growing existing business, developing new business and providing the best possible customer service while enhancing Baker’s mission to offer the highest quality and service standards in the industry.
• Greet customers in a friendly, professional manner and in a timely fashion (5 minutes or less).
• Assist all customers as called in rotation.
• Create and maintain quotations for customers who come into the Showroom or who call for information.
• Follow up on all quotations within one week and on a weekly basis.
• Inform customers of price increases two weeks prior to the increase occurring.
• Inform customers of discontinued product, extended lead times, etc.
• Provide customers with product information.
• Follow up with a thank you note or phone call to all new customers who come in to the Showroom.
• Assist the designer’s client when the designer is unavailable.
• Assist end users when available or when requested by the manager.
• Maintain professional courtesy with associates and customers at all times.
• Consistently practice proper telephone etiquette.
• Return phone calls within 24 hours.
• Communicate with Showroom Receptionist as to whereabouts if absent from Showroom.
• Enter all orders into the system within 24 hours of receipt of the deposit or the purchase order (for net 30 accounts).
• Provide an adequate explanation to the customer for all denials of special requests on product and/or delivery dates.
• Review the purchase order once it is generated and confirm its receipt by the factory. Return checked purchase orders to the Customer Service Associate within 24 hours.
• Check factory acknowledgments and verify that the product has been ordered correctly. Report to the Customer Service Associate any incorrect acknowledgment with corrections in writing.
• Track receipt by factory of COM (customer’s own material) fabric, finish samples or any other materials required for completion of order.
• Review the Open Order Report and address any problems.
• Send thank you cards to customers after placing an order.
• Call customers periodically with updated information regarding status of the order.
• Once the product is shipped, contact customers to ensure the product and the service are acceptable.
• Partnering with Regional Account Coordinator, alert customers when product arrives at the distribution center that a remaining balance invoice will be sent. Inform customers that their payment may be sent prior to receiving the invoice for more timely receipt of product. Apprise Net 30 customers when product arrives at distribution center and notify that shipment to the local receiver will occur shortly.
• Assist Regional Account Coordinator in handling customer claims; monitor progress of customer complaint resolutions and communicate updates to customers.
Customer Development and Maintenance
• Provide personal accounts with information regarding current and upcoming Showroom events and sales.
• Provide customers with materials and catalogues for their libraries.
• Participate in design-oriented events to ensure visibility and contact with current and potential customers.
• Maintain updated customer information including contact data, special interests, etc.
• Maintain updated calendar of customer special dates (events, installations, publications, etc.).
• Identify and implement ways to prospect new customers and increase conversion of turns to personal accounts.
• Assist in the display maintenance of the showroom to ensure optimum showroom appearance.
• Assist other Sales Associates as necessary or as directed by the Showroom Manager.
• Assist in the maintenance of samples, tear sheets and resource files.
• Assist in product training and mentoring of new Sales Associates.
• Ensure catalogs and price lists are up to date.
• Maintain knowledge of all vendor products, pricing, options, finishes, details, etc… and thorough, up-to-date knowledge of all products, pricing and local competition.
• Candidate will possess previous high-end sales/customer experience, preferably in the furniture/design industry. Basic knowledge of the history of furniture design (periods, styles, designers, etc.) is preferred.